CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day Five


Today was the first time we visited one of the village which had supported our army. But something unusual happened in the village before we got there. It was the loyalists who had killed all the people in the village. The elders, men, women, even every young child was involved in the genocide which was committed by the loyalists. How can they even kill young children? Looking at the dead bodies, I blamed myself. If we weren’t late, we could have saved these peoples’ lives. If we weren’t late, we could have killed those jerks and saved these poor people! From this experience, I finally realized whose side I should hate. It was the loyalists. I promised myself that I would kill all those loyalists with my rifles. But god didn’t take all villagers’ lives. We found two survivors, a wounded girl who looked ten years old and her little brother who born that day. The girl named ‘Magdalena’ was afraid of us when she saw us first time, and she was looking for her father. She had a slender hope of saving her little baby. She was thin and poor. Her appearance reminded me about my family. Yeah! What about my family? I wondered what happened to my village while I wasn’t there. Did the loyalist also attack our village? I hoped mom, Concepcion and two little babies were still alive. With this uncertain answer I left the village.

0 comments: